Sunday, June 5, 2011

RESOURCEFULNESS







Saturday was a very busy day , I mean as in I'm really busy trying to figure out what to do first the food preparation, or the tidying up the kitchen , since the past days I was busy focusing on the cleaning of my room now I kind of dont know what to do first and also I need to make or buy a dress for the baptism of alyssa joy my grand daughter but I was thinking if I'm going to buy a dress for her it's just a one very important occasion and mind you the dresses for that occasion is not that cheap but boy! expensive too. finally I decided that I will just make my own.
I cannot start making a dress yet because I need alfagina a type of cloth I need to complete the materials for the dress. so I have to wait for my daughter to buy that after she confirm to the church that the baptism will be sunday so while waiting I continued finishing touches for my room it was already in the afternoon she arrived and I started making the dress around 10 p.m until 4 a.m. I'm not a dress maker I know only the basic how to operate the sewing machine and few step how to sew but because of my effort and my strong will to really come up a dress for the baptism I was able to make a beautiful very personalized gala dress for her.
You will not believe what I use for the material for that dress. I use a white curtain cloth which is from (ukay ukay ) I think its an old stock because it is still in rolls I was supposed to make a curtain out of that so I took around one meter and half and ribbons where left over from my previous projects the only thing we bought is the alfagina and few flower patches .So on with the sewing and able to finish that 4a.m Sunday and I have to wash it and then after I wash it and I was able to see a very bright white he! he!wow wow ! really I made this oh I'm so feeling proud of myself at that moment and then I spin dry it so its nearly dry and then hang it and while waiting to so it will completely dry ,I decorate it with the flowers and I used also swarovski to compliment and so that it will have a good accent with my own design .
Time was really fast it's almost 9 and the baby has to be dressed up for church but sad to say some of the sponsor expected to attend is not available because they are out of town .It is just Gail, Tiw Tiw , dominic and chay but after they were back from church Anna and Vergel was present, Vergel is actually the brother of the father of Alyssa joy so one uncle was actually there. but the father I don't really want to talk about him . Alyssa did not use his surname so in her birth certificate ,..... there is no father in the future Chay have to explain this to her daughter being a single mother at 33 but i don't want to worry too much on that situation as of now , what is important we welcome the baby and love her that much and she is family to us, and she will be part of our lives forever, her mama melody loves her that much even if she has not yet seen the baby in person only on cam but i can feel this baby is so loved by everyone.
Most important is that the baby is now BAPTIZED the most important of all.

No comments: